Manassas, VA 20110
email: alexashton at gmail.com
Career objectives – short-term
- Free-lance website setup
- Content contributor in relevant areas of expertise
- Copywriting and editing services
- User manual and technical documentation services
- Grow current web properties in terms of visitors, content, and revenue
Career objectives – long-term
- International development, with a focus on Latin America – humanitarian, business, and trade – travel frequently and/or live in a South American country.
- Continued growth of web properties
- Continue writing, get published
- Teach in a college or university setting
- TBD – transfer to a university in Fall 2018
- Northern Virginia Community College – anticipated graduation in Spring 2018 – AA Liberal Arts
- Current 4.0 GPA after 45 credits
- Pi Kappa Theta honor society
- Founder – Vaal Web Properties – 2017-present
- Business home for five active web properties owned and maintained by Alex Ashton
- Content includes: corporate website, personal website, self-help website, resources for adult college students, travel guides and overcoming legal issues
- Technical Documentation Manager – eXtensia Technologies – 2016-present
- Created and currently maintain end-user manual and engineering documentation for a hardware product developed by eXtensia Technologies for HID Global
- Currently on a contract/as-needed basis
- Bartender – Brew Republic Bierwerks – 2017-present
- Bartender and manager on duty at a brewpub; perform open and nightly closeout duties, act as manager on duty to ensure staff schedule compliance and compliance with ABC laws and regulations.
- Global IT Support Manager – Liquidity Services – 2013-2016
- Manager of IT Support field technicians located across the United States, England, and the Philippines; set up and maintained global asset management database to account for all IT assets company-wide; worked with vendors to negotiate contracts for IT hardware and software procurement; acted as a primary point of contact for C-level staff in the corporate office for IT needs; constant travel to field offices for projects and staff support.
- Desktop Support Manager – L3 Communications/Unisys – 2006-2013
- Managed desktop support team contracted to the White House/Executive Office of the President under the direction of the Office of Administration.
- Interviewed, hired and led a team of 50 temporary staff in support of the 2008 presidential transition.
- Acted as primary point of contact for VIP level support, up to and including the President of the United States.
- Systems Administrator – URS Corporation (now AECom) – 2003-2006
- Supported end users in primary office in Virginia, as well as secondary offices in Maryland and Ohio. Supported a range of IT needs from computers, phones, and other desktop hardware to servers and network infrastructure.
- Customer Service Agent – Verizon Data Services – 2003
- Inbound telephone support for customer technical and billing needs.
IVHQ – 2016 – two-month project in Villa Allende, Cordoba, Argentina, repairing a municipal library which sustained extensive flood damage.